Wondering what to do in Turkey? Well, Turkey is an extraordinary country full of traditions, attractions, cool sights, delicious food, and countless of things to do. Here's a great resource for travelers looking to explore different cultures and get away while visiting the country. From epic cities to beautiful natural landscapes, use this Turkey bucket list to plan out your perfect next trip. This Bucket list covers some of the major must-see places and must-eats that Turkey offers.
- Visit Cappadocia; fly at sunrise with hot-air balloon, trekking, horse riding, jeep safari, visit the underground city, rock churches, assist a pottery maker, enjoy sunset in a valley.
- Explore Istanbul; wander through and bargain at the Grand Bazaar's alleys, smell at the Spice market, take a boat cruise on the Bosphorus, visit mosques and museums.
- Come to Istanbul in April for the Tulip festival and enjoy the spectacular and colorful parks decorated with millions of tulips.
- Eat Turkish food; Turkish delights, döner kebab, street food and mezes, breakfast along the Bosphorus.
- Taste world famous traditional Turkish cuisine for mouth-watering dishes in Gaziantep or Hatay.
- Drink a Turkish black tea in small tulip-shaped glass in a traditional tea-house. Or have a Turkish coffee in the fincan (tiny cup) then have your fortune read by a fortune teller to interpret the leftover grounds at the bottom of the cup.
- Experience a traditional Hamam (Turkish bath) in Istanbul or Bursa.
- Swim in the hot springs of Pamukkale ancient pool filled with two thousand years-old columns.
- Swim in Kekova sunken city.
- Relax on a Gulet cruise; sail around the Turquoise coast for a lazy vacation.
- Walk on the Salt Lake in July or August.
- Hike the Lycian Way, at least a part of it; 800-km trail along the Turkish coast, offering breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea while passing from ancient sites.
- Visit incredible ancient sites such as Göbeklitepe, Ephesus, Aphrodisias, mount Nemrut, Termessos, and many others.
- Attend a Dervish ceremony in their lodge in Konya or Istanbul.
- Watch, if you can, the Camel wrestling matches in the Aegean region during autumn, or the Yagli Güres traditional wrestling in the summer in Edirne.
- Enjoy crazy nightlife in Bodrum and Çesme.
- And finally, check interesting facts on Turkey that you didn't know and get inspired.
See the highlights and hidden gems of Turkey with a local guide on your side. Art? History? Food? Whatever your passion is, book your perfect private tour with a professional experienced tour guide! Go with your own pace without the crowds, no big groups, on Private basis.